[ltp] the best thinkpad for linux

Carlos Moffat linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 12:14:14 -0500

--=-ZSkTOdyMHNTQHu963CMD

> I can confirm that there were no issues with DMA on my T43, when I=20
> experimented with a 2nd battery: SMAPI can be used to control which=20
> battery is discharged, and DMA is supported for the DVD-drive after=20
> re-insertion.
>=20

Are you positive? Can you eject the dvd properly (using ibm_acpi),
reinsert and have DVD with DMA? My understanding is that this is a
kernel limitation and it does not work.=20

Can you explain a bit what are you using (acpi, ibm_acpi, etc) to get
this working?

Carlos

--=-ZSkTOdyMHNTQHu963CMD

--=-ZSkTOdyMHNTQHu963CMD--