[ltp] the best thinkpad for linux

Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:27:40 +0100 (MET)

on Jan 29, 2006, 12:14, Carlos Moffat wrote:

[ ... ]

> Are you positive? Can you eject the dvd properly (using ibm_acpi),

1) echo eject > /proc/acpi/ibm/bay
2) yank out the drive

> reinsert and have DVD with DMA? My understanding is that this is a
> kernel limitation and it does not work.

Yank out the battery, stuff in the drive -- that's it. 2.6.15-gentoo-r1
kernel (libata patch for the DVD-drive)

> Can you explain a bit what are you using (acpi, ibm_acpi, etc) to get
> this working?

kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.15-gentoo-r1 acpi_sleep=s3_bios pci=noacpi
                                  libata.atapi_enabled=1

... from grub.conf is perhaps the most relevant part. No other magic
(ibm-acpi 0.12a).

ivr