[ltp] Fingerprint reader and the Bios

Michele Campeotto linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 18:47:56 +0100

------=_Part_3410_30016412.1138556876933

> > > Your fingerprints can be retrieved after the fact.
> > as I said earlier, this isn't possible with sweep sensors, as the
> > sweeping itself removes the fingerprint. just have a look at the linked
> ... and there are no other spots on the laptop that you touch with your
> bare hands? Say the laptop cover, battery, the keyboard or any other flat
> surface. About the only part of my thinkpad I do NOT touch is the screen.

  oh, the laptop itself... :)

  yes, correct, I wasn't questioning the security of the device (wich I
don't even have), it just seemed that people didn't understand how that's
working.

  mic

--
Michele Campeotto - www.micampe.it

It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw.
-- Calvin

------=_Part_3410_30016412.1138556876933

tyle=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8e=
x; padding-left: 1ex;">
&gt; &gt; Your fingerprints can be retrieved after the fact.<br>&gt; as I s=
aid earlier, this isn't possible with sweep sensors, as the<br>&gt; sweepin=
g itself removes the fingerprint. just have a look at the linked<br>... and=
 there are no other spots on the laptop that you touch with your
at<br>surface. About the only part of my thinkpad I do NOT touch is the scr=
een.
&nbsp; oh, the laptop itself... :)<br>
&nbsp; yes, correct, I wasn't questioning the security of the device
(wich I don't even have), it just seemed that people didn't understand
how that's working.<br>
o - <a href=3D"http://www.micampe.it" target=3D"_blank" onclick=3D"return t=