[ltp] Touch Pad Stopped Working

mario linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:59:26 -0800 (PST)

So, Gurunandan R. Bhat wrote:
> Thanks a Ton, Bernard. The connector had indeed come off the board and
> all it required was to plug it in again. As an aside I just wonder if
> normal shocks in the course of work (I often carry the Notebook on my
> rucksack on a motorbike) can dislodge the connector since I have never
> ever opened it before.

possibly so,
i've had this happen with a powerbook. I used to carry it in the top case
on the back of my motorcycle. It probably got bounced around too much.
In my case it was the sound card connector. This reminds me that my TP now
sits in the same place. It's probably better to keep it in a backpack now
that you mention it. However, you said "Rucksack" as in the one that
attaches to the back of your body. I don't think it would get to many
vibrations there, if it was strapped to the bike tough, it would.

mario;>