[ltp] 600E modem and Debian mwavem package

Václav Šte(pán linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:58:52 +0100

Stan Weddington napsal(a):
> Hello List,
>
> I have a 600E with Debian Sarge (3.1) installed, and am trying to get the modem working.  From this list I was pointed to the wavem package which seems to be just what I need, but when I tried to install it, I got the following errors:
I met this problem too - the driver is trying to find the modem on
resources where the modem is not. If I remember it correctly, the driver
expects the modem on something like IRQ 10 and 4 and enabled. It should
be the default setting when you do a reset to defaults in BIOS setup -
so when you do the reset to defaults in BIOS, disable quick boot feature
and then a modprobe mwave, it should load.

If you wish to use a non-default settings, the driver can be told to use
different settings via module parameters - in the config files for the
mwavem package there is a variable where you can set them up.

As a supplement to the documentation you may choose to dive in the source.

I assume you have the stock kernel (so the mwavem package and the
in-kernel module are compatible).

Sincerely yours

Vaclav