[ltp] T30 memory not recognized

Bernhard Sputh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:10:55 +0000

Hi Nelson,

On Monday 30 January 2006 14:51, Nelson Hogg wrote:
> Anyone know if there is anything that can  be done about this=20
> short of sending it out for repair?=20

Nope, not a thing, it is a known problem of the T30 that one memory bank go=
es=20
faulty after some time. The cause is a sponge glued above the memory banks,=
=20
or to be more precise the glue, which starts to conduct after some time. In=
=20
my case IBM exchanged the motherboard without problems, but I was still=20
within the three year waranty.=20

Cheers
Bernhard

=2D-=20
To me vi is Zen. =A0To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is
  =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 -- re=
ddy@lion.austin.ibm.com