[ltp] eth0 or eth1 active ?

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:42:49 +0100

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 12:43:32PM +0100, Francois Maltey wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> When I use my thinkpad at home near a wifi router=20
>=20
> I often get the right solution :
> 1/     wifi link on eth1 active
> 2/ ethernet link on eth0 down=20
> and all is perfect.
>=20
> But sometimes the debian etch boot puts=20
> 1/ ethernet link on eth0 active=20
> 2/     wifi link on eth1 down
> and /etc/init.d/ntpdate service lock the boot for 1 or 2 minutes.

Have a look at ifplugd and guessnet, if you are using a lot of
different wifi networks, you might also check waproamd.

ifplugd checks for cabel plugged in while guessnet matches rules
which allows you to configure your network according to you local
circumstances.

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/--