[ltp] Bluetooth via vmware

Torsten Wolf linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 18:03:06 +0200

* Pintér Balázs <predy@freemail.hu> [06-07-05 17:30]:

>I simply turned on bluetooth with Fn-F5 when vmware had focus, and the bluetooth device was recognized by Windows XP (IBM
>Integrated Bluetooth II), and the bluetooth icon showed in system tray.

After installing the bluetooth drivers from IBM in WinXP it actually
works here, too! In case bluetooth was active under Linux prior to
starting vmware, I have to activate the device in WinXP via Fn+F5;
vmware informs me that the adapter is disconnected from the previous
service (Linux) and I can use it. Back in Linux I have to (de)activate
it again, restart /etc/init.d/bluetooth and everything is fine again :)

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Torsten