[ltp] thinkpad t60p

Prof. Dr. Jobst Hoffmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 06 Jul 2006 13:16:42 +0200

Hi,

I have three annoying things with my t60p:

A) I've added a second DIMM to have 2GB memory, the t60p detects the
memory and works fine, but only for one and a half hour, then it hangs.
The working interval goes down to 5 minutes, if I reboot the machine
directly. The two DIMMS come from Samsung (builtin from the beginning)
and Lenovo, under Windows the problem didn't arise (but I'm not sure, I
only worked once on Windows for about that time).

B) I'm using the advanced mini dock. I'm using the installing sequence
as shown but there's one problem: just switching on the computer doesn't
activate my external screen, I have to
1) switch on (the wireless mouse gets activated)
2) switch off and
3) switch on again (both the wireless mouse and the external screen get
activated)

C) Until now, I get no sound on my machine: I have to blacklist the
soundcard in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, otherwise the machine hangs on
starting udev

Is there anyone out there with similar problems? Any help/hint is
welcome!

Thank you in advance
Jobst
--
Prof. Dr. Jobst Hoffmann            Tel:   +49 (2461) 99-31 59
Fachhochschule Aachen Abt. Jülich   Fax:   +49 (2461) 99-31 89