[ltp] thinkpad t60p

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 14:25:53 +0200

On Don, 06 Jul 2006, Prof. Dr. Jobst Hoffmann wrote:

which distribution?
which kernel version? (uname -r)
what is the output of "lspci"?
what error line is shown before udev hangs at boot?
how did you configure your soundcard?

> B) I'm using the advanced mini dock. I'm using the installing sequence
> as shown but there's one problem: just switching on the computer doesn't
> activate my external screen, I have to
> 1) switch on (the wireless mouse gets activated)
> 2) switch off and
> 3) switch on again (both the wireless mouse and the external screen get
> activated)

what switch?
what key kombination?
what did you expect it to do?
how are things connected? (is it a USB mouse, is it connected to the dock, or
laptop, where is the monitor connected, is it a DVI/Analog, which
Graphichardware did you use?)

> C) Until now, I get no sound on my machine: I have to blacklist the
> soundcard in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist, otherwise the machine hangs on
> starting udev

modulename?

--
Florian Reitmeir