[ltp] Which wireless miniPCI adapter for T41?

Stefan Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:00:07 +0200

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

Hello.

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 14:47, Leon Brokken wrote:

> > I changed the madwifi crap on my T40p to an ipw2915 (A/B/G). Good
> > linux support within the vanilla kernel.
> >
> > The only problem was, that i get a non-IBM card which means i had to
> > change a bit in my bios.
> >  =20
> Which one was the 'crap one'?

I don't remember the name and i'm to lazy to take a look. :)
It was an AB card. But my real problem was the madwifi driver, but
that's another story.

> I assume changing BIOS settings isn't a big deal?

No.
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_unauthorized_MiniPCI_network_card

regards
Stefan Schmidt