[ltp] My next ThinkPad

Rei Shinozuka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 7 Jul 2006 13:59:26 -0400

i moved from the T23 to the X31.  in my case, i left a lot of
weight and bulk on the table, traded down from a 1400x1280 screen for
a more pedestrian 1024x768.   but the built-in wifi and USB 2.0
are both welcome additions, as is firewire which i don't happen
to use.  i replaced the X31's tiny 40GB drive with a 100GB
hitachi.  if needed the big screen, i think i'd go for one of the T40
series, since USB 2.0 is virtually a minimal requirement these days.

-rei