[ltp] Re: My next ThinkPad

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 8 Jul 2006 18:59:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 13:59:26 -0400, Rei Shinozuka wrote:

> i moved from the T23 to the X31.  in my case, i left a lot of
> weight and bulk on the table, traded down from a 1400x1280 screen for
> a more pedestrian 1024x768.   but the built-in wifi and USB 2.0
> are both welcome additions, as is firewire which i don't happen
> to use.  i replaced the X31's tiny 40GB drive with a 100GB
> hitachi.  if needed the big screen, i think i'd go for one of the T40
> series, since USB 2.0 is virtually a minimal requirement these days.
>
> -rei
>
> On Jul07 16:13, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> --
> Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com
> Ridgewood, New Jersey

I've had a T23 for some years now and really enjoyed it.  My natural
progression since I enjoy the weight and performance factors on the T
series was the T40.  I bought one off of Overstock for less than 500.00 US
and upgraded a few things.  I probalby spent about 650.00 total on it.

The T40 is a great laptop in all regards.  Thin, easy to travel with,
great screen.

I think its a great progression of types.