[ltp] Re: My next ThinkPad

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 04:15:29 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 07 Jul 2006 20:26:40 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> On Friday 07 July 2006 19:44, Stephen Ryan wrote:
>
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> Thanks for that advice;
> I had been thinking of a T30, but probably won't look at it now.
>
> Talking of temperature, my T20 bombed out at 92C this afternoon
> (as measured in /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/)
> I guess the fan must have stopped for some reason.
>
> But I was looking at the temperature after that,
> and it seems to go up and down surprisingly far,
> although it is usually 48-50C.
>
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> That sounds nice - I'll definitely look out for a T40.
>
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> To be honest, I have not yet recovered from my experiences
> with my 2 Sony Picturebooks yet.
> (Everything seemed to go wrong with them at the same time.)
>
> Thanks again for sharing your experience with a ThinkPad virgin.
>

> --
> Timothy Murphy
> e-mail (<80k only): tim /at/ birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
> tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366

I've been shopping for T40s for awhile now.  I have one that I got on
overstock for about 450.00 or so.  I'm just bidding on one from ebay now
as well for about 450.00.  I think the T40 is a great laptop and a great
combnation of form, function, and price.

I've found that most things just work with it.  Its a great travel laptop
as well.