OpenSuse works well - Re: [ltp] T60 and ACPI and hdaps

Andreas Billmeier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:16:55 +0200

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:58:44 -0700 WSR <wsr@rushforthnetworks.com> wrote:

> Thats great you have it working so well.  I installed 10.1 and I had
> good results but not nearly perfect.  The most crucial glitch is that
> when I unplug or re-plug in my laptop, or effective change "power
> profiles" from say performance to powersave, then the screen just goes
> completely corrupt and is unreadable.  I installed the ati drivers
> through --buildpkg by ati.
>
> Have you modified any settings other than the SuSE default?  Did you
> install fglrx through Yast or via ati's manual install, or ati's
> "--buildpkg" install? Did you make any tweaks and/or are you running
> the default kernel?

Hi,

on my T60p most things run fine with opensuse 10.1, i installed the ati
8.25.18-x86 driver with ati's driver-installer, no --buildpkg. after

aticonfig --initial -i /etc/X11/xorg.conf

i still had to change DRI Mode in /etc/X11/xorg.conf to "0666" to make
google earth working properly. glxgears now runs with ~2500 fps.

after switching to a text console from a
running xorg the text is often unreadable, as far as i know (from
somewhere on this list) this is already known by ati and should be
fixed in one of the next releases, but i can live with that.

after some problems with the wireless adapter i decided to compile a 2.6.17.3 with the ipw3945 drivers from sourceforge. since i threw away the original suse-kernel the undock switch at the advanced mini dock is
working properly.

I haven't tried to get hdaps working.

\B.