[ltp] X60s: Reinstalling on a 100 GB

Bill Sheppard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:40:22 -0700

Atul Chitnis wrote:
> I recently purchased an Thinkpad X60s, along with an extra 100 GB disk
> (5400 RPM, SATA).
>
> After several days of trying, I am throwing in the towel and asking
> for help. :) Can anyone tell me what to do to transfer the partition
> to teh new disk, or how to turn it into a bootable DVD?

Perhaps you can boot using the original HD, create restore media from
there (this should be an option, either from the restore partition or a
Windows utility), then install the new disk, boot from the restore media
you just created to create your "standard" Windows partition, then
install a good OS.

Bill

Bill Sheppard                           Senior Industry Marketing Manager
bill.sheppard@sun.com                                Client Systems Group
(408) 404-1254 (x68154)                            Sun Microsystems, Inc.