[ltp] X60s: Reinstalling on a 100 GB

dirk husemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 11:16:22 +0200

--------------enig06FEADD3AB3E27AB48A830FE

Atul Chitnis wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, dirk husemann wrote:
>
>> huh?? i just had my X60s serviced (warped casing) and the IBM/lenovo
>> repair center *insisted* on taking out the harddisk! even on the secon=
>> round (they somehow managed to loose the LED icon cover plate) they
>> insisted on having the harddisk taken out...interesting..
>
> Even if the problem is with the hard disk? :)
>
> I have been a TP user for the past 10 years here in India, and could
> write a book on the experiences (which have mostly been
> good/excellent). I have also had my TPs serviced across the world, and
> can safely say that policies (or rather, their implementation) tend to
> vary greatly.
as i wrote: interesting ;-) also, i've to admit that in the past 10
years this is the first time i've had to had a (new even) TP serviced...

    cheers,
    dirk

--=20
Dr Dirk Husemann, Pervasive Computing, IBM Research, Zurich Research Lab
	hud@zurich.ibm.com --- http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/
       PGP key: http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/contact/PGP
  PGP Fingerprint: 983C 48E7 0A78 A313 401C  C4AD 3C0A 278E 6431 A149
	     Email only authentic if signed with PGP key.

Appended to this email is an electronic signature attachment. You can
ignore it if your email program does not know how to verify such a
signature. If you'd like to learn more about this topic, www.gnupg.org
is a good starting point.