[ltp] Re: New HDD: hdaps support?

Hunter Fuller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 06:59:00 +0000

Judging by that disk's INCREDIBLY LARGE model number, it's a Hitachi
drive, and I've bought large disks for my ThinkPad, up to 160gB, from
them and had no trouble - except the firmware update, which was
necessary.

Also, I believe standby is more wear on the drive, which is why it's
telling you about it - cause doing that repeatedly is one way to
shave some years off your drive.