[ltp] Same network problem on T60p as T60

Leon Brokken linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Jul 2006 21:36:50 +0200

interp01 wrote:
> I have found several articles on the net that mention the lack of the
> e1000 driver not being aliased in my modprobe.conf file.  I have already
> added an entry as follows to modprobe.conf and manually loaded the module
> using modprobe (neither way made a difference the module seems to load
> perfectly fine):
>
> alias eth1 e1000
>
> An lsmod shows the e1000 module loaded:
>
> e1000                  96429  0

Since your description matches mine while setting up a wireless card:
After 1-2 hours scratching my head why I couldn't get the job done I
realised that I hadn't enabled support in BIOS... But of course you have
checked that! ;-)

Cheers, Leon.