[ltp] Re: X60s: Reinstalling on a 100 GB

dirk husemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:13:02 +0200

--------------enigC2ED20CA52BB81EA979EFD13

Atul Chitnis wrote:
> [...]
> Again, as I said - things differ in every country.
>
> Having said all that - I buy Thinkpads (600, 770, T23, T30 and now
> X60s) not only because they rock as Linux notebooks, but also because
> of the excellent service I have received in the past from IBM. If I
> can make it a little easier for them to check things out as I stand
> there breathing down their necks, then I consider it worth it. :)
see, we don't get to breath down their necks :-( ... but then they do
ship replacement parts even if those are not listed as user servicable
parts (at least that's what the part sales hotline told me, we shall
see...the LCD icon cover plate on my X60s has gone missing for the
second time in three weeks)

    cheers,
    dirk

--=20
Dr Dirk Husemann, Pervasive Computing, IBM Research, Zurich Research Lab
	hud@zurich.ibm.com --- http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/
       PGP key: http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~hud/contact/PGP
  PGP Fingerprint: 983C 48E7 0A78 A313 401C  C4AD 3C0A 278E 6431 A149
	     Email only authentic if signed with PGP key.

Appended to this email is an electronic signature attachment. You can
ignore it if your email program does not know how to verify such a
signature. If you'd like to learn more about this topic, www.gnupg.org
is a good starting point.