[ltp] Maximum Battery Capacity of an T60 under Linux

Laurent Gilson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:18:37 +0200

Hello,

> Because you talked about battery life and heat on a T60 under Linux: How
> long should the Battery last or how hot will an T60 get, if you follow
> all those instructions and compare it to Windows?
>
> I'm not a owner of a Thinkpad jet, but want to know this before i
> eventually buy one. (Preferred T60 would have ATI x1400 and Ubuntu
> Dapper on it)

I donīt have a T60, only a R51. Used for surfing and light office windows
(with NHC for reduced CPU-voltage) getīs about 2:45 runtime and a little
fan use. Under Linux itīs 3:30 and no fan (heavily patched kernel).

Once the problems around the new CoreDuo are resolved (and documented in
the thinkwiki) the runtimes will be equal for normal windows and linux
setups. If you go the extra step and optimise the hell out of linux ...

cu