[ltp] Maximum Battery Capacity of an T60 under Linux

Laurent Gilson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:04:21 +0200

Hello,

>> Once the problems around the new CoreDuo are resolved (and documented in
>> the thinkwiki) the runtimes will be equal for normal windows and linux
>> setups. If you go the extra step and optimise the hell out of linux ...
>
> What problems?

Look at /proc/acpi/processor/CPU/power. Does the bus master activity drop
to 000...000 if you do nothing ? Do the cores reach C4 or deeper ?

For all i know even 2.6.17 cannot do these two things (unless you unload
USB and wireless). Windows can (there is a patch released 4-6 months after
CoreDuo was launched). I think of that as a problem.

There was also the problem with switching off unneeded PCIe lanes if the
gfx is idle. Does the most recent fglrx do that ? (i didnīt check the last
release yet,... anyone ?)

cu