[ltp] T22 halt including powering off - ACPI or APM

michelh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 05:00:48 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry to catch up on a thread long after it has been active.

>> This happens when ACPI dies. I use the volume buttons from time to
>> time to see wether ACPI is still alive.
I was curious about this. Do the volume buttons generate an ACPI event on
your thinkpad ?
on My T22 the only key/button that generate an ACPI event are
	 	 Fn-F3 -> ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001003
		 Fn-F4 -> ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001004
		 Fn-F12 -> ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 0000100c
provided:
1) module ibm_acpi is loaded
2) hotkey are enabled (echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey)
Remark by the way: the mask (aka echo 0xffff > /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey --
enable all possible hot keys) as mentionned in ibm-acpi-0.11/README) has no
effect (echo 0xffff > .../hotkey does not change behaviour)

>>With kernels after 2.6.15.6 I can't even resume properly, as
>>echo mem > /sys/power/state hangs (the shell I execute it) and so
>>the resume is never finished.
I had the same problem boot argument ec=0 seems to solve it
 See   acpi suspend to ram on FC5 and IBM thinkpad T22

> The OSD and Fn-key combos still work booted into Win2000 so I know my
> hardware didn't spontaneously get tired, nor did I let the blue smoke
> out or anything bad like that.
Sorry about asking stupid questions what do you mean by OSD.
Screen Display of the voume like in   TPB .

Many thanks

Sent from the Linux Thinkpad forum at Nabble.com.