[ltp] T41 hangs in BIOS indefinitely

Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:39:50 -0300

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Leon Brokken wrote:

> What lead to this dreadful state? I was playing around with a wireless
[...]
> continue booting. Everything worked fine that way! I inserted and removed
> the card a few times like this.

You very probably fried either the card, the mini-PCI bus, or both.  And a
fried mini-PCI card *can* fry another mini-PCI bus if you try to use it
again.   I'd trash-dump the mini-PCI card if you find out you did damage the
motherboard.

NEVER "hotplug" cold-plug devices.  Even if you don't destroy it at the
first try, you may have damaged it slightly (yes, hardware damage needs not
be an all-or-nothing issue).

  Henrique Holschuh