[ltp] R52 - ACPI - 18586MM

Onno Benschop linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 18:58:28 +1000

Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> Hi,
>

> which lpatop model?
>  =20
As the subject says, An R52 - 18586MM

> which graphics adapter?
>  =20
That would be an Intel 915 :-)

> which distribution?
>  =20
As stated, Debian.

> black screen -> crash? or black screen -> black screen but nothing more=
?
>  =20
Black screen, still running, a sleep/wakeup allows me onto a text=20
console where I can stop gdm.

> On Sam, 15 Jul 2006, Onno Benschop wrote:
>
>  =20
>> I'm trying to get the following working:
>>
>>    * DRI and GLX support
>>    * Dual Head support
>>
>> I'm running Debian with X.org 6.9.0. According to the thinkwiki I shou=
ld
>> install the DRI snapshot. I've done that, it succeeds, installs, then
>> when I restart the X server, I get a black screen. No errors that I ca=
>> observe. I've tried several xorg.conf files from other "working" setup=
s,
>> I've even hacked together my own, but it's just not coming together fo=
r me.

>> If I comment out the loading of DRI and GLX, all is fine.
>>
>> I'm running kernel 2.6.11
>>

>> Any suggestions?
>>    =20
>
>  =20

--=20
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S27=C2=B052'34" - E151=C2=B015'43" (Millmerran,=
 QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

Proudly supported by Skipper Trucks, Highway1, Concept AV, Sony Central, =
Dalcon
ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -   onno@itmaze.=
com.au