[ltp] R52 - Xorg/DRI/GLX - 18586MM

Onno Benschop linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:10:50 +1000

Laurent Gilson wrote:
>> The logs don't seem to show anything that is any form of error.
>
> Post them somewhere.
>
>> I've now tried about seven or so different forms of xorg.conf with no =

>> actual progress.
>
> Post them too.
They are now online here:

    http://itmaze.com.au/articles/thinkpad.r52/

>> My experience tells me that if there is no answer in google, then I'm =

>> likely looking for the wrong problem, indicating that perhaps there=20
>> is something else that I'm missing.
>
> Did you install a hardware accelerated glx/mesa ?
I do not know what this means, what should I look at?

>> What are the pre-requisites for making Xorg work, and then, what do I =

>> need for DRI/GLX, and finally, what do I need to be able to expand my =

>> desktop onto the external VGA connector.
>
> Dualhead and GLX have never been close friends. One may prevent the=20
> other from happening.
Well, lets start with DRI/GLX, then I'm happy to turn stuff off for=20
Dualhead.

--=20
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S27=B052'34" - E151=B015'43" (Millmerran, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

Proudly supported by Skipper Trucks, Highway1, Concept AV, Sony Central, =
Dalcon
ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -   onno@itmaze.=
com.au