[ltp] R52 - Xorg/DRI/GLX - 18586MM

Laurent Gilson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:46:39 +0200

Hello,

>     http://itmaze.com.au/articles/thinkpad.r52/

ah, better. Letīs clean them a bit. Looking at the last two:

add this:

         Load  "bitmap"
         Load  "dbe"
         Load  "ddc"
         Load  "freetype"
         Load  "int10"
         Load  "record"
         Load  "type1"
         Load  "vbe"

to your Section "Module"

And edit these Sections:

Section "Monitor"
     Identifier  "ThinkPad"
     Option      "DPMS"  #Autodetect horz and vertical refresh rates
EndSection

Section "Screen"
     Identifier  "Screen 1"
     Device      "Internal LCD"
     Monitor     "ThinkPad"
     DefaultDepth 24
     # you will never ever use 8 or 16 bit colors, will you ?
     Subsection "Display"
         Depth       24
         Modes       "1024x768" #your LCD can only display this. Do not
even try to load other stuff
         ViewPort    0 0
     EndSubsection
EndSection

Section "Device"
     Identifier  "Internal LCD"
     Driver      "i810"
     VideoRam    65536  #set this to the same setting you use in your BIOS
(32 MB ?). There is some confusion in the logs about the videoram-size.
     Option "DRI" "true"
EndSection

>>> My experience tells me that if there is no answer in google, then I'm
>>> likely looking for the wrong problem, indicating that perhaps there is
>>> something else that I'm missing.
>>
>> Did you install a hardware accelerated glx/mesa ?
> I do not know what this means, what should I look at?

If you only install
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/libgl1-mesa-glx you get software
rendering. You have to add
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/libs/libgl1-mesa-dri to get
HW-accelerated rendering (and all dependancies from these 2...).

hmmm ... btw.: Did you unload the i810 kernel module before you loaded the
i915 kernel module ?

cu