[ltp] tpb/nvram bewilderment

Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:06:06 +0100

Dear All,

This seems rather odd. Somehow, tpb (on an X20) has stopped working.
(I've already tried rebooting) - although it worked fine a few days ago.
Yes, I have been reconfiguring quite a bit, but nothing as dramatic as a
new kernel. I wonder whether anyone has any suggestions.

   Observations:

1)/dev/nvram is still there, with correct permissions (same as on a
working A22p)

2)tpb is totally dead, although things like Fn-PgUp for the thinklight
still work fine.

3)Volume up/down don't work any more for volume level - although they do
work  for unmute. Volume mute works fine. In either case, there is a 1
second delay.

4) watch --differences=cumulative -n 0 xxd /dev/nvram
does not show anything (on the X20, although it does on the A22p).

Has anyone seen this before?  I'm sure it's my fault for breaking it -
but I can't see what I did.

Thanks,

Richard

--
rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk  **  http://www.richardneill.org
Richard Neill, Trinity College, Cambridge, CB21TQ, U.K.