[ltp] Enabling ThinkPad buttons R31 & SUSE 10.1

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 17:40:14 -0400

Bernhard Sputh wrote:
> On Sunday 16 July 2006 22:02, James Knott wrote:
>> I didn't find that file, but I did find
>> /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules
>
> OK, should do the trick, the config files in "/etc/udev/permissions" are
> linked in "rules.d".
>
>> However changing the mode for nvram there, didn't cause any effect in
>> /dev/nvram permissions.
>
> In theory it should, if no one else tinkers with the permissions. Strange
> Did You restart the system, or at least the udev deamon?
> Otherwise, I'm fresh out of ideas, sorry.

Yes, I've not only restarted, but completely powered down & up again.

Here is the exact line from /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules

KERNEL=="nvram",                NAME="%k", GROUP="kmem", MODE="666"