[ltp] Enabling ThinkPad buttons R31 & SUSE 10.1

Bernhard Sputh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 21:37:04 +0100

On Sunday 16 July 2006 21:23, James Knott wrote:
> According to "Personal Settings"
> "IBM ThinkPad Laptop, /dev/nvram permissions are supposed to be set to
> 666.  However, I cannot get that value to stick.  Instead, I get 644.
> I've tried adding a mode to the mknod line in /etc/init.d/after.local
> and also a separate chmod line.  Neither of these seems to work.  Any
> idea how I can get the permissions to stay at 666?

Yes, use udev, look under "/etc/udev/permissions.d/". The file(s) in this
directory define the permissions of the device nodes managed by udev. Simply
grep for "nvram" and You should find the responsible entry, adjust and
restart udev. That's it.

Cheers
Bernhard

--
With great power comes great responsibility.
             Uncle Ben in Spider-Man (movie)