[ltp] R52 - Xorg/DRI/GLX - 18586MM

Laurent Gilson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:29:09 +0200

Hello,

> The additions/modifications you suggested were implemented. As soon as I
> tried to load GLX, back to the black screen.
>
>     * The only kernel modules with 810 in them is: i2c_i810, and it is
>       used by i2c_algo_bit which is used by i2c_core. This means that I
>       didn't need to unload i810 to load i915 when I last tried that.
>       Should I add i915 to my modules list in /etc/modules ?

the i2c_i810 controll thermal sensors and stuff like that. Nothing serious.

>     * I was not able to install libgl1-mesa-dri or libgl1-mesa-glx they
>       do not appear to be in backports.

Are you on stable, testing or unstable ?

>     * dpg -l | grep ii|grep mesa gives me:
>
>         ii  xlibmesa-dri   4.3.0.dfsg.1-1 Mesa 3D graphics library
>         modules [XFree86]

That does not match the version that shows up in the log. The version
loaded is for 7.0.0 xorg-ABI. I think your problem is related to two or
more installed versions of the GLX-dri (which was renamed form
xlibmesa-dri to libgl1-mesa-dri in unstable). Make a clean install of all
these versions and try again with a version for 6.9.0 xorg.

The dri-part is working, itīs the GLX-dri killing something at startup.

cu