[ltp] X60s: Projector Issues (again!)

Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:50:41 +0300

--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7

On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 02:07:39PM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> How do I get the Thinkpad X60s to talk to the VGA port if the projector=
=20
> was not attached during coldboot time? And how do I get X to display on=
=20
> both the LCD and the projector/VGA port simultaneously, and get Fn-F7 to=
=20
> work as advertised (which it certainly does under Windows)?

I don't have an X60 myself, so I cannot say anything definite.

People with Intel graphics sometimes have to use userspace utilities
like i810switch to enable/disable VGA out.

There's also /proc/acpi/ibm/video that talks to the BIOS.

  # echo video_switch > /proc/acpi/ibm/video

should be equivalent to pressing Fn-F7, I think.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
I am Lalo of deB-org. You will be freed. Resistance is futile.
		-- from the sig of Lalo Martins

--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7

--GRPZ8SYKNexpdSJ7--