[ltp] FIXED (but still need debug help): tpb/nvram bewilderment

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 03:10:39 +0200

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 04:49:00AM +0100, Richard Neill wrote:
> Aargh! even doing "acpi -V"  messes it up. No need to blame the battery=
=20
> meter.
>=20
> if you do:
>   cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state
> without first having pressed one of the buttons (volume or Fn-Fx), then
> it will kill off any further use of ACPI or nvram.
>=20
> It seems that you must do a "hardware write" (press a button) to acpi=20
> before doing a "software read". (of the battery status)
I have noticed on my T22 that polling /proc/acpi/ makes 1. acpi
events die and 2. /dev/nvram die. The Fn/volume stuff still workes,
as its done in hardware.

Regards, nusse.

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc--