[ltp] FIXED (but still need debug help): tpb/nvram bewilderment

Timothy Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:41:20 +0100

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 02:10, Daniel Maier wrote:

> I have noticed on my T22 that polling /proc/acpi/ makes 1. acpi
> events die and 2. /dev/nvram die. The Fn/volume stuff still workes,
> as its done in hardware.

What exactly do you mean by "polling"?

For some reason, my T20 does not shutdown properly any more.
It gets to "shutdown: hdc" and then stops;
I have to power-off with the power button.

Is this related to acpi?

I recently installed a temperature meter (CPUinfo);
I don't know if that is relevant.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366