[ltp] Disabling moving/tapping touchpad but leave scrolling?

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 18:10:19 -0400

> I'm not sure about that specifically but the synaptics driver has a
> shared memory configuration interface that programs can use to do
> things like that.  There is gsynaptics for the GNOME desktop and
> qsynaptics/ksynaptics for KDE.  I use Ksynaptics and KDE and it has a
> tray icon with "Disable tapping" and "disable touch pad" options on
> it's pop up menu, which sounds at least close to what you want, but...
Thanks a lot. I did compile gsynpatics, but it turns out it is a front
end of synclient, the command line tool. And I was able to disable
tapping, as well as disabling touchpad, but once I disable touchpad the
scrolling on edge doesn't work any more. I suspect there's some
parameter of sensitivity I can tweak with but I don't know what.

Thanks anyway for your reply.
Jiang