[ltp] Mic on R52 / Ubuntu Dapper for use in Skype

Jaime Iniesta linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:17:30 +0200

------=_Part_101697_19139893.1153405050630

Hi!

I installed Skype on my Ubuntu Dapper on an R52. The program works for
instant messaging but is not able to access the sound devices. It just says
"problem with sound device" when I try to phone somebody.

I guess it's because I have not setup the built-in microphone on my R52. Do
you know if the mic is compatible with Ubuntu? In fact, when I just use the
Sound Recorder program, I'm not able to record anything...

Some months ago I tried recording from the Line In input, and it worked. Bu=
I never tried the built-in mic.

Thanks!

--=20
Jaime Iniesta alias Capit=E1n planeta
email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com
jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org
http://capitanplaneta.com/
http://railes.net

------=_Part_101697_19139893.1153405050630

Hi!<br><br>I installed Skype on my Ubuntu Dapper on an R52. The program wor=
ks for instant messaging but is not able to access the sound devices. It ju=
st says &quot;problem with sound device&quot; when I try to phone somebody.
 R52. Do you know if the mic is compatible with Ubuntu? In fact, when I jus=
t use the Sound Recorder program, I'm not able to record anything...<br>
- <br>Jaime Iniesta alias Capit=E1n planeta<br>email: capitanplaneta ARROBA=
 gmail PUNTO com
apitanplaneta.com/">http://capitanplaneta.com/</a><br><a href=3D"http://rai=
les.net">http://railes.net</a>

------=_Part_101697_19139893.1153405050630--