[ltp] Mic on R52 / Ubuntu Dapper for use in Skype

Jaime Iniesta linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 17:12:58 +0200

------=_Part_102829_21708319.1153408378213

Wait! Everything is working fine now.

My mic was working but I had the volume set so low that I didn't notice it.

And Skype couldn't use /dev/dsp because "it was in use by another process".
So I deactivated  the GNOME sounds (System  - Preferences - Sounds) and now
Skype can access my sound card.

It's a pity I can't use Skype AND Gnome sounds at the same time but at leas=
Skype works...

Thanks everybody!

--=20
Jaime Iniesta alias Capit=E1n planeta
email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com
jabber: capitanplaneta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org
http://capitanplaneta.com/
http://railes.net

------=_Part_102829_21708319.1153408378213

Wait! Everything is working fine now.<br><br>My mic was working but I had t=
he volume set so low that I didn't notice it.<br><br>And Skype couldn't use=
 /dev/dsp because &quot;it was in use by another process&quot;. So I deacti=
vated&nbsp; the GNOME sounds (System&nbsp; - Preferences - Sounds) and now =
Skype can access my sound card.=20
email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com<br>jabber: capitanplaneta ARRO=
BA jabberes PUNTO org<br><a href=3D"http://capitanplaneta.com/">http://capi=

------=_Part_102829_21708319.1153408378213--