[ltp] ibm_acpi + modprobe.conf

Richard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 05:13:14 +0100 (BST)

Dear All,

I'm sure this is terribly obvious, but I admit to being stumped.
I'm trying to get ibm_acpi to load with the experimental=1 option, every
time the system boots.

I do have this line in /etc/modprobe.conf:
-----------
options ibm_acpi experimental=1
------------

The result should be that /proc/acpi/ibm/fan (and friends) are present
every time ibm_acpi is loaded.

However, after a reboot, I find that the fan is not present. If I
    rmmod ibm_acpi; modprobe ibm_acpi
it then appears.

ibm_acpi seems to be autoloaded, but contrary to the instruction in
modprobe.conf, without the experimental=1 option! I can't discover what is
doing it (grep -r ibm_acpi /etc   doesn't help)

Is there any way to make this happen automatically on boot up?

Tha machine is an X20, and the distro is Mandriva 2006 + kernel 2.6.17.1

Thanks very much for your help,

Richard