[ltp] Ubuntu Dapper Stability?

Alan Phillips linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:03:47 -0400

I tried Ubuntu Dapper for several weeks on my Thinkpad X30. The
machine would hard freeze every 12 to 24 hours without writing
anything useful to the log files. There is a long discussion thread on
the Ubuntu forum about this issue. The problem isn't affecting all
computers, but seems common on Thinkpads.

Anybody here seeing this?

I've backed down to Ubuntu Breezy to see if this is more stable on the
X30. Unfortunately I have lost the ability to suspend to RAM. I
briefly looked at Zenwalk and Arch Linux, but ran into issues with
suspend and wireless here too. I'm not at a point where I can devote
too much time to configuration details right now -- any other
light-weight distros that work well on Thinkpad X30?

Thanks!
Alan