[ltp] Ubuntu Dapper Stability?

Sat, 22 Jul 2006 12:31:26 +0300

--CdrF4e02JqNVZeln

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 08:28:39PM +0200, :phaidros wrote:
> On 7/21/06, Alan Phillips <alanphil@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I tried Ubuntu Dapper for several weeks on my Thinkpad X30. The
> >machine would hard freeze every 12 to 24 hours without writing
> >anything useful to the log files. There is a long discussion thread on
> >the Ubuntu forum about this issue. The problem isn't affecting all
> >computers, but seems common on Thinkpads.
>=20
> not here. using dapper since beta. and installed fresh when it was
> final on my t41p. everything runs perfect, including hibernation and
> suspend out of the box.
>=20
> ramdom freezes could point to memory issues (defect?). but if that
> issues hits alot of thinkpads, maybe it could be determined to ati issues?

This is what I blame.

I have (well, had) frequent lockups when I used xrandr.  I stopped using
xrandr.

  https://launchpad.net/bugs/47775

I also have very occasional lockups, usually (but not always) when
switching between workspaces.  These mostly disappeared lately.  Perhaps
it is all xrandr's fault (memory corruption that causes a lockup later)?

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Inform all the troops that communications have completely broken down.

--CdrF4e02JqNVZeln

--CdrF4e02JqNVZeln--