[ltp] wireless stability

Joćo Miguel Pais linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:17:16 +0200

Hi,

I have a R51, and use wireless out of the box. I use also XP on the same
computer, and notice that in ubuntu 5.10 wireless is very unstable, and
not unfrequently cuts off. Is there any patching that might be done to
increase the quality/stability?

This happens everytime, also when I log out XP and immediately afterwards
log in ubuntu. And I don't move the computer, so the problem isn't on the
sender or on the place, or on the signal itself.

Something else that I like in xp and don't like in ubuntu is that it
doesnt' say how big the traffic flow is (until 52Mb/s). Is there any
applet/setting which might help out with this? One thing is the signal
level, and the other how much this signal can take.

Joao

--
Lugostr. 14
79100 Freiburg i. Br.