[ltp] Re: [ltp] 80°C in a T41p?

Osho GG linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Jul 2006 10:22:48 -0700

I had the same thing happen to my T42p. It would routinely go as high
as 93 C when I was doing anything requiring 100% CPU. This would in
turn cause kernel to halt the machine as a precaution against damaging
hardware permanently. This drove me nuts.

So, what did I do? I downloaded the acpi fan control scripts (search
for it in linux-thinkpad wiki) and installed it. This decreased the
temperature but increased fan usage like crazy! The fan was ON so
often it was annoying.

But wait, there is more! Finally, my fan broke down and my laptop just
won't boot up. This meant I got a replacement :). The new one works
just fine without any problems with temperature or fan.

Osho