[ltp] Ubuntu Dapper Stability?

Jaime Iniesta linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 10:49:15 +0200

------=_Part_133250_32162735.1153644555116

Dapper on my R52 is stable and rock solid.

Well, it was until I tried AIGLX+Compiz effects. I'm now reinstalling a
fresh Dapper as I value more stability than visual effects...

Jaime

On 7/21/06, Alan Phillips <alanphil@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried Ubuntu Dapper for several weeks on my Thinkpad X30. The
> machine would hard freeze every 12 to 24 hours without writing
> anything useful to the log files. There is a long discussion thread on
> the Ubuntu forum about this issue. The problem isn't affecting all
> computers, but seems common on Thinkpads.
>
> Anybody here seeing this?

--=20
Jaime Iniesta alias Capit=E1n planeta
email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com
jabber: jaimeiniesta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org
skype: jaimeiniesta
http://www.capitanplaneta.com/
http://www.railes.net

------=_Part_133250_32162735.1153644555116

Dapper on my R52 is stable and rock solid.<br><br>Well, it was until I trie=
d AIGLX+Compiz effects. I'm now reinstalling a fresh Dapper as I value more=
mail_quote">
On 7/21/06, <b class=3D"gmail_sendername">Alan Phillips</b> &lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:alanphil@gmail.com">alanphil@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockqu=
ote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204=
); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
I tried Ubuntu Dapper for several weeks on my Thinkpad X30. The<br>machine =
would hard freeze every 12 to 24 hours without writing<br>anything useful t=
o the log files. There is a long discussion thread on<br>the Ubuntu forum a=
bout this issue. The problem isn't affecting all
Capit=E1n planeta<br>email: capitanplaneta ARROBA gmail PUNTO com<br>jabber=
: jaimeiniesta ARROBA jabberes PUNTO org
ww.railes.net</a>

------=_Part_133250_32162735.1153644555116--