[ltp] A21P CPU Soft Error Fixed - But How?? (A Bit OT)

Bernard Tremblay linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:25:21 -0400

Hi,

I have an A21P with similar memory and disk capacity.  The graphic card
is a Savage IX and there are issues with the driver of that card and
Xorg.  I had to disable graphic acceleration because of random freeze
with Xorg.  The dual head setup isn't working neither with that
particular card&driver.

Since then, it is very stable and reliable.  I don't really care about
grahic acceleration since this machine is used at work only : no games
at all... I run an up to date Ubuntu dapper on it.

I personnaly don't have windows on my machine but I don't think that
your win partitions nor windows would be the source the problem.
I would rather look carefully about the graphic card driver or hardware

Regards,
      BT