[ltp] HDAPS support for non-Hitachi drives?

Andrew Haninger linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:55:00 -0400

On 7/26/06, Andrew Barr <andrew.james.barr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I bought that drive not too long ago (at a higher price, unfortunately)
> and it does NOT support head unloading, even if you override detection
> via a boot parameter. There isn't an IBM/Lenovo replacement firmware
> either, at least yet. If you want HDAPS don't buy this drive.
I suppose this is a question that could be answered by reading the
Wiki, which I'm unable to reach it from home for some reason (Host Not
Found), but what drive(s) would be recommended for people wanting to
use HDAPS? How do you identify a drive as supporting head parking?

Thanks.

Andy