[ltp] missing C4 power state on core duo (x60s)

Martin Aumueller linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:03:29 +0200

No C4 here either on a X60s with BIOS 1.04. And neither when on battery.

However, as opposed to almost never it now manages to enter C3 quite often -
and then it emits the well-known noise. That is probably due to the fact that
/proc/acpi/processor/CPU0/power never shows
bus master activity:     00000000
when the ohci_hci driver is loaded. This is probably the reason for the lower
power consumption with BIOS 1.04.

Martin