[ltp] Resume from S3 if battery runs out

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:41:35 +0200

--/Uq4LBwYP4y1W6pO

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 07:38:26AM +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 23:35:09 +0200, Daniel Maier wrote:
> >=20
> > So the question is, if it is possible to resume if the battery runs
> > out?
>=20
> Not really. But you could use suspend to disk and power down with S3.
> That way, you can always resume from disk when the battery ran out
> during S3.

Indeed, this is a solution. But it makes suspending to S3 very slow.
Also I am using suspend2 which offers to use S3 as powerdown method.
But this does resuming from disk, only the kernel is not bootet.
This is not a real S3.

Regards, nusse.

--/Uq4LBwYP4y1W6pO

--/Uq4LBwYP4y1W6pO--