[ltp] Resume from S3 if battery runs out

Sat, 29 Jul 2006 03:41:49 +0300

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 09:38:33PM +0200, Daniel Maier wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 12:41:04PM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 11:35:09PM +0200, Daniel Maier wrote:
> > > So the question is, if it is possible to resume if the battery runs
> > > out?
> >=20
> > I think my T42 does that, unasked.
> >=20
> Are you using APM or ACPI? I suppose APM as with ACPI the
> os/userspace has to handle it.

ACPI.

Back when I still had a kernel with the power drain bug, I once left my
laptop suspended overnight and when I woke up next morning I heard it
waking up.  I opened it and saw that the battery was very low, and
thought, wow, what a cool feature, it gives the OS a chance to hibernate
or cleanly shut down.

That was more than a year ago.  I might be hallucinating.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Programs that write programs are the happiest programs in the world.
        -- Andrew Hume

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8--