[ltp] Saying hello and confirming what i've found

Jason linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:26:06 -0700

------=_Part_14233_7702845.1154143566917

Hello!

I am very new to IBM's. I have a T20 sportin a P3 700mhz cpu. I recently
picked up a 256mb ram stick but wasnt able to score 2, so i just plugged in
the remainder 128mb with it as well. I also replaced the hd with  a 60gb
hitachi one i had layin around. So far so good. I also updated the bios and
everything.

I purchased a 1ghz cpu from www.acs.com and it matches IBM's FRU #, but when
I put it in, it doesn't boot up. Is there any other configurating i need to
do before swapping the 1ghz cpu in? I read from here through a google search
that updating the bios to the most current one will do the trick, but i have
the most current bios and i have nothing.

any clues on what could be wrong? thanks fellas. if there is a way to search
the archives to avoid repetitive questions, please let me know. thanks!

jason

------=_Part_14233_7702845.1154143566917

Hello!<br><br>I am very new to IBM's. I have a T20 sportin a P3 700mhz cpu. I recently picked up a 256mb ram stick but wasnt able to score 2, so i just plugged in the remainder 128mb with it as well. I also replaced the hd with&nbsp; a 60gb hitachi one i had layin around. So far so good. I also updated the bios and everything.

------=_Part_14233_7702845.1154143566917--