[ltp] T20 won't shutdown

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Jul 2006 18:11:58 +0200

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 04:33:30PM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> On Saturday 29 July 2006 15:15, Daniel Maier wrote:
>=20
> > To check wether ACPI is still 'alive' you can use the volume-buttons
> > and tpb or use acpi_listen to see if there are still any events.
>=20
> I assumed that when people spoke of acpi being alive or dead,
> they were referring to acpid running or not running.
> It seems it is more complicated than that?
>=20
Yes.
> > So (I am repeating) disable any application which might read
> > /proc/acpi/*, this includes any batterymeter in
> > KDE/GNOME/gkrellm/etc
>=20
> Does that really mean one cannot have a battery meter
> (I have both battery and temperature meters)
> then you cannot shutdown properly?

At least this is true for my T22. If I read often from /proc/acpi/*
(eg once a second) this happens to me.
> Seems a pretty serious bug to me.
> Or am I missing something?
>=20
Yep, that sucks. But I learned to live with it. If I need
battery/temperature I use acpi -V.

Check wether you can powerdown properly with no battery/temperature
monitor running. If it works, it might be the same problem I have.

Regards, nusse.

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M--